Friday, September 15, 2017

Week 12 - Chicago

Hey y'all :)

This week has been a very typical week. We taught a lot of lessons and members are so thrilled to come with us! We had 10 come out with us this week which is such a miracle! The work has been good. Also we found out that Elder Renlend and his wife will be coming to our mission this Friday and weve been so excited and have worked really hard to be exactly obedient. We want him to come to our mission and feel a difference. Im beyond excited.

I went on exchanges with Sis Malstrom who is the perfect little ball of joy and light. It was so refreshing to get out of my area. Her area is the beautiful skyscraper city of Chicago,  so we got to go contacting down the lakeshore of Michigan (it looks just like the beach), eat very fancy and authentic Chicken Alferdo and teach on the 40th floor of an apartment building downtown. I was in heaven! I definitely am in love with the city and its probably my dream area despite mission work being extremely hard there. But I still love my area and the people here.

Below is a picture of our new investagator Fan. We were on the train and started to talk about how God blesses us every hour of every day. Fan was bewildered and got super excited. She asked, do you really believe that? We said yes we see evidence of it everywhere. She then got excited and said "Im on a study abroad from China. In my town, people call believers of God foolish but Ive always believed that God knows and loves me. Youre the first people Ive ever met that believe that too, can I get your number so we can talk more?!" Weve met with her twice now. Below is us at the church building in Logan Square that has a parking garage with the church floor on top. Fan bought us a Chinese Tiger, which I guess is the symbol of friendship, loyalty and trust. It been an absolute pleasure teaching her the simplest truth of God and I know God placed her perfectly in our path.

Last night was scary, the President invited us to dinner. I was so grateful and excited but very few missionaries get to go and spend one on one time with his family and I was so nervous I would accidentally break a rule :) But it was one of the greatest nights ever. President Bingham is really good at making you feel welcome and warm. We received so much wisdom and personalized  counsel to be the best missionaries, it was extraordinary! It made me think about how much love Jesus Christ has for all of us. Hes willing to spend personal time with each of us, so then we can build and grow. But we must be willing to look for it and receive it.

Have an amazing week, and let me know if theres anything I can do to help you!!

Sister Emily Coley

2 Nephi 2:1, Moses 6:55 this is the thought we left with the Binghams. The sweetest cookie has the most salt and cinnamon so then the sugar can taste even sweeter. In life theres hard times but that makes our joy more full.

Photos: 1. Fan at the church  2. My study desk with Chinese Tiger  3. Lakeshore we were contacting at




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...