Thursday, March 29, 2018

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God

Hey y'all 

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! 
Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We had 4 dinners all from different countries and man, we were stuffed! We had Mongolian for lunch (the husbands name literally translates to Horse of God) Mexican in the afternoon, American at dinner, and Phillipano for night. It was really good! I have no clue how we kept it down though. I was definitely queasy by the 2nd one. Only in Chicago :)

Speaking of which we also went to this legit Spanish ward International Night with plenty of dances and food from all around the world (cough basically only from South America cough) It was super fun and had insanely good tamales.

We went Black Friday store contacting which honestly was boring and super tame. There's 2.8 million people in Chicago but there was no one at this mall and no one wanted to listen. It was quite sad. Although we found these rockin' Lady Gaga boots and had to take a picture. 

We taught plenty of PNIs (now new investagators yay!) and contacted a lot this week. It still blows my mind of how many people God puts in our path that is perfect for the gospel and they have no work so we can visit them whenever!! Like for example, I felt like we needed to talk to an older man at a bus stop. After a bit I noticed he had a Utah Shakesphere Festival jacket (I used to go to those plays ALL the time when I was a kid). Sure enough was THE director of Shakespearan Festival and he knows all about Mormons. Or my comp noticed an older Philippano lady on the bus, sat down and talked. After a half hour, apparently her husband recently died and she was just thinking about what happens after death. My comp gave the entire Plan of Salvation on the ride there and were meeting with her next week. She's absolutely ideal for this ward because theres 7-8 older widows. Definitely God sent. 

God is so merciful to us. I love the iconic verse "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be open unto you."  Life is great. Im off to the Zoo. Have a great week 

Sister Emily Coley 

True to the Faith: Happiness and Service "Others seek only to have fun in life. With this main goal, they allow temporary pleasure to distract them FROM lasting happiness. They rob themselves of enduring joys of growth, service and hard work." "You will find that the true key to happiness is to labor for the happiness of others." I love this idea and its SO true. 

Photos 1. Cutting the turkey for Thanksgiving 2. We went Black Friday store contacting and found this rockin' Lady Gaga Boots 3. Mexican Hat Dance 4. Us excited for Christmas





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...