Thursday, March 29, 2018

Week 22 - Chicago

Nov. 13th - 20th 
Hi everyone! 

Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy spending time with the people who care about you the most: your family. I will most likely be tracting and feeding the homeless that day. 

This week was transfers which always boggles my mind of what is life and how everything gets turned around. My new companion is from Gilbert, Arizona (she even knows my cousin) and loves talking to people. She's also was recently called to be Mongolian speaking which means we go to Mongolian less active members homes and they slowly teach her (and Im trying to learn too. Mainly because Im bored out of my mind but its a hard language to follow). The crazy part is I think the Lord keeps cancelling our appointment with investagators by having them become randomly uninterested, sick or super busy just to make time for my companion to learn Mongolian. We will be prepared to teach a lesson then they cancel on us last minute. We call up one of our Mongolian friends and that was the only time they could meet up this week. The Lord definitely works in mysterious ways ๐Ÿ˜„

Nothing really spectacular happened this week, just finding, teaching and recontacting. A cool moment weve been working with a heavy Catholic man named Patrick who visits his crippled wife in the nursing home that is 2 hours away from his home. He found the missionaries because he heard that we have the ability to heal people. This week after many prayers and fasting (he even fasted with us) we had a break through. His issue was he ran to his Catholic priest whenever we say anything thats different than the Catholic church believes and we debate a lot. Our lesson was straight up the priesthood authority, the Aposity and to stop running to your Catholic priest and just pray. Needless to say, we were praying hard. We walked him through the Bible with several scriptures that proclaims the apostles were given  "power and authority" to teach, heal, cast out devils, baptized, etc. We then came to the problem of "there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism" so which church has it? And to my surprise, without hesitation he said "this one, right here." Upon further asking him, he says "I did want you asked and prayed this morning. I dont know what came over me when I said that, but a wave of electricity filled my heart. I know this one is true and I will be baptized." This is the true church. Only this church can bring you happiness and joy that will swell within you thats undeniable. This church sure ain't easy to live, but its the best way to live your life. 

Have a great week!! Let me know if you need anything :) 

Sister Emily Coley

Amos 3:7 compared to Jacob 4:4-6 it's a classic but very powerful in comparing prophets in the Bible to the Book of Mormon 

Photos 1. The view of the city from the 97th floor of John Hancock buildings Womens bathroom (were too cheap to pay ๐Ÿ˜…) 3. Us inside Trump Tower lobby 4. Sis Pruitt and I 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...