Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 21 - Chicago

November 5-12 500 Testimonies Later:

Hi everyone!

This week was full of difficulties and challenges but I love challenges therefore it was a good week for me. We have transfers this week and I learned Ill be getting Sis Pruitt whos Mongolian speaking. It's definitely bitter sweet. It snowed for the first time of the year too! I laughed and threw snowballs at Sis Andrews. It dropped into the high 10s but with my new coat and determination, I had fun.

Two and half weeks ago, we received 500 cards inviting people to the Downtown church building in which there was a interfaith concert, tours and the dedication. Sis Andrews and I made a goal that we will not only pass out all 500 but bear our testimonies with each one... it was hard! At the start of this week we had about half of our deck and our week was full of teaching and helping with the Open house itself. We prayed we will be able to find people and time so we can accomplish our goal and have the best turnout for these events. Sure enough it snowed which means we walked to each appointment or used the train. It really was a miracle. Every soul we saw, we invited them straight away to our events. Whenever we saw a family or big group we immediately jumped at the opportunity and handed out one to each adult! (we even contacted a gang in a public place which was quite funny. They all thought going to a concert would be "so dope." little did they know it was gospel choirs singing opposed to rap and rock 😅) I was so thrilled and humbled when we passed out our last card to an elder man who said he was looking for a new church. Without God, we never wouldve found the time. I'm so grateful we could do it.

So I've been praying and hoping Id stay in this area so then I can help with the new Downtown building for months. And when the Zone leaders personally asked us to help tour people around it for two days, I was smiling all day long. I was SO excited. We were one of eight out of the 67 companionships in my mission who had this opportunity ....and we couldnt go. The night before my companion was throwing up every two hours and had a high fever. So very, very reluctantly, I told her to sleep, called a replacement and call former investagators and less actives for several hours. It was brutal but luckily John and Erlinda wanted to go to the tour on Sunday and my comp was feeling better. We took selfies, ate cookies and marveled at this beautiful building. Good stuff. 

This work can be hard but its well worth it when you count the miracles and focus on them. I know that this the church true with every fiber of being. Although things are hard now, we will be lifted up in the last day in endless joy if we will just hold on. Have a great week y'all :)

Sister Emily Coley

Moroni 4:2-3 The Sevenity member who dedicated the Clark Street building said that the most quoted scripture is the Sacrament prayer. How bless are we to gather together every week to renew our covenants with God and feel of his everlasting healing and peace. 

Photos 1. Sis Andrews and I 2. Went contacting at a 1800s water tower on Exchanges 3. Pigeons! Everywhere! 4. Food at the Open house 5. Our tour group 6. Snow day





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...