Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 20 - Chicago

October 30 - November 5  Water Works

Hey y'all!

Shout out to my big brother Tyler whose birthday is on Sunday. I love you!!

Erlinda was baptized!!! It was so beautiful. She was my very first Book of Mormon referral and ever since we made contact with her, she had a special place in my heart. Gah, I love her so much. She has such a powerful testimony on how God knows and loves her. People filled the whole Relief Society room and everyone celebrated with her. She accientally slipped the first time but I felt the Spirit when she came up out of the water the second. Ahh Im still shocked it happen. She then bore her testimony in Fast and Testimony meeting and it was powerful! These are definitely the moments worth fighting for! I love her.

Halloween was SO much fun! I felt like I was trick or treating but receiving no candy. It was great. So this area is filled with apartments and is really sketchy at night; therefore, no parent will ever let their kids knock on stranger's door. So families go trick or treating at stores, which was perfect for us to spread the joyful news of families can be together forever. We simply walked up to a family, fan-girl over their costumes, take a picture with an invitation to the Downtown building, testify and shared the picture to the parents through text/Facebook Messenger. It was SO easy to get numbers, we LOVED it. We got Spiderman, Woody, Donut, Elsa, Kissing Booth, husky (shout to my kid brother who was that too) Mario, etc. Ive never had more fun contacting and some pictures are below.

We had Zone Conference too. In which I really understood the gift of prophecy during that meeting. The record in this mission for baptisms in a month is 21, and President has visioned this mission raising that number not just to 22 or 28 but to 36. His White Christmas challenge is that each ward (theres 36 of them) will have a baptism in December. As crazy as it sounds right now, I know that we are obedient to a T on every rule, it will happen. We can find another person like Erlinda and others can too, despite the area. I really trust that itll happen if we have the exceedling faith, obedience and work ethic that Nephi, Moses and Captain Moroni had then we can move mountains to obtain this goal. Im fired up :) Have an awesome week!

Sister Emily Coley

Ether 12:11-22 and Hebrews 11:17-27 Im obsessed with pointing out these scripture similarities to everyone we see on the streets :) theyre so powerful, check it out! 

Photos: 1. Spidey 2. Giraffe and Racoon 3. Sisters and us played at the best playground ever for Pday 4. Erlindas baptism!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...