Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Week 8 - Chicago

Hi everyone!

Another busy week gone! I had my first Zone Conference which I know understand why people get so excited over it. Its like watching conference but its based on every aspect of your day, everyday. It was super good and we talked a lot about how faith=obedience=more faith= powerful missionary. I came away with even more drive to find people who are ready for baptism.

In addition to this crazy extraordinary week, it was Stake Mini Missionary weekend. I guess once a year the Laurels and Priest Quorom comes with the missionaries all weekend long! Kinda cool, right? I think if I went on one before, I would feel so much better about coming out. It definitely isnt knocking on doors all day (at least not in this area). It was SO great. We got Missy who is also the Presidents daughter and shes a powerhouse! Shes got her moms sass and her dads cheerfulness. We joked off a ton and told stories and got in insight scoop into the Presidents life. She will be an incredible missionary next year and I learned a lot from her.

Funny story so we were done with a lesson when we noticed a family huddled around the tree, so naturally we started talking to them. Sure enough their cat is stuck 20 ft. in this tree and they cant get up. Sis Robertson  immediately started "monkey-ing" it and got stuck as well. So as a combined effort she climbed on my shoulders to the tree to the cat! It was hilarious, like who else would do that?! Three minutes later we were walking and a man walks up and asks if we've seen a chicken whose name was Pot Pie! We laughed and said no. He asked us to keep an eye out for him. So we secretly went on a chicken hunt while we tracted in the area, yelling "Pot Pie you here" and making every chicken joke we could think off :)

Other awesome story, we get a call from a former investagator named Mama Musada to help her weed her garden. We showed up and it was a jungle growing everywhere! 4 foot long weeds covered ever inch with waist long grass and pokey bushes. My companion and I looked at each other and laughed. We met Mama Musada who is this 80 yr old Hindu woman who is missing several teeth. She gave us a rusty rake and we went to work :) Every two minutes Musada would yell stuff like "You get that weed" and "Eat your Gatorade" and "I think the cats stuck in the toliet again." It was so bizarre but very entertaining!

I love you all and thank you so much for your support and writing to me. I get super excited when I see them and I appreciate them 

Sister Emily Coley 

BD Election first two paragraphs -about foreordination which is jaw-dropping

Photos: 1. Mini Missionary 2. Saving the Cat 3. Blueberry pancakes we made 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...