Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Week 16 - Chicago

Hi everyone :)

So this week has been a bit slower than usual. A lot more cancelled appointments than usual but thats alright. Life happens :) Transfers happened this week and I have the privilege to train Sis Andrews, who is a ray of sunshine. She's a convert from a really rough town called Petersburg, Virigina and has been thrown into a lot of scary situations in her lifetime. Her testimony is so pure because of these moments and Im grateful to have her.

Sis Robertson and I went from the airport to Downtown with the new missionaries last week and it was so much fun! These new missionaries have so much heart and a powerful testimony! I was so humbled and proud watching them contact for the first time on the train and actually hand out several Book of Mormons. Their high spirits and cheer definitely reminded me of how much I LOVE being a missionary and how much Ive grown.

My testimony of endurance has significantly grown through this experience. We went to do a Bible referral at this 4 story apartment. So naturally we decided to knock on every door. As we spiraled down the floors, we got some serious door slams and even a few bible bashers. We made it to the first level knocked on one of the last doors and the most scariest looking guy Ivd met walked out. We started talking then he called his wife to come over (who looks just as scary). She stopped in her tracks, then came to me so that we were a foot away and said "You were in my dreams last night. God told me two ladys were going to appear and teach me about Christ." Weve had a few lessons with them since and were excited.

Ive been so grateful for the warm weather lately. Although Saturday that wasnt the case. It started dumping rain on us for 4-5 hours and we had nothing to do but find. Yay. Luckily we actually saw so many miracles happen. We went inside of a popular grocery store and started to sneakly contact some people. We actually got talking to the baker (I used to work as a bakery assistant so I couldn't help it) and she gave us a cupcake. We have an appointment with her this Wednesday too! People definitely didnt want to drive in the rain so there were a lot of bored people who just needed to talk. And in times when we were outside drenched from head to toe and the wind was beating us over, I couldnt help but smile. My companion and I started singing primary songs and we were so happy. It reminded me of that quote "Saints can be happy in every situation." Im so grateful that I know that God loves each of us so much therefore we dont have to worry. We can be joyful.

Have a very happy Fall Break :)

Sister Emily Coley

3 Nephi 24: 2-3, 17-18 Will you be an instrument to God after the refiners fire or be wasted up in the ash? Ive pondered that a lot this week.

Photos: 1. Cupcakes from the Baker 2. Sis Andrews 3. All of the trainers and trainees 4. Selfie at the Bean with new missionaries 5. Reflection 6. Rainbow












No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...