Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week 4 - Chicago

Hey y'all :)

Holy cow I can't believe I'm actually here! I was pretty sad leaving the MTC but super excited to learn and apply what I've learned to the people here. And holy cow I was humbled really fasted. Missionary life is different than I imagined -for better and for worst. 

My first day was amazing! We got up at 3 AM and caught our flight in which at the airport we were treating like celebrities. There were people staring and offering us their phones to call from, and even buying us breakfast. Super cool and grateful but the second we came to Chicago it was the exact opposite. It was hilarious! We took a train downtown to see the Bean and famous skyscrapers which was so cool and high and we were also able to pass along a Book of Mormon too! I was so happy. Later that night we ate deep dish pizza and accidentally started a mini fire in the mission home (super funny, totally the Presidents fault and nothing was damaged except pizza) then met our trainers. One of the best days ever. 

I got super lucky and I'm serving in the Chicago 1st ward which is about 2 train stops from the heart of the city and 3 stops away from the airport. Its awesome! Ive already met someone who immigrated here from every continent twice now. Its super diverse but also pretty poor. Ive never truly realize how bless I am to know English, have a nice home and be able to go to college. Theres every type of religion here too so people are really open to sharing beliefs and sometimes arguing their beliefs too.

My trainer is Sis Robertson whose very overly perky and incredible at contacting! She talks more to other people than me which is super cool. We are white washing the area and the old Elders never used Areabook either which I guess is super stressful. Haha were also in an 17 yr old Elders apartment! I've never gagged so much in my life! It's been hilarious what we've found. I love it here

Oo and were in the only sister biking area in the mission which has been an adventure. A cool miracle that happened, we needed to get me a bike because walking takes forever. So we called some members and no one had bikes so I figured Id have to pay my $125 for a bike Ill only use for a few transfers. The day we were going to buy one we had an appointment (who cancelled) a member called offering to not only give us her really nice mountain bike, but to also deliver it to us in time for our appointment! It was a huge tender mercy. 

Anyway I love you all, I'm going to walk around a Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier. Have a wonderful week :) 

Sister Emily Coley 

Omni 1:25 short, sweet and to the point. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...