Sunday, November 19, 2017

Week 18 - Chicago

October 16-23

Hi y'all :)

I hope you all had fun over Fall Break! I love you each of you so much and thank you for all of your support this far.

We have had such a great week! My President has been really going om to us about "catching the vision" of what we can do to help our areas really grow. Specifically he has asked us to really ask the Lord how many people we are supposed to find here and baptize here and do whatever it takes to make that goal. In my area it seems like were constantly flowing with adding new investagators and dropping old and its constantly flowing with lessons but few have been ready to really keep some commandments. So my comp and I really talked, prayed and set appropriate goals to achieve it. Afterwards miracles just started to flow in. Its amazing what you can do with a vision.

One of the miracles is a former investagator of ours of about a month, randomly popped up at sacrament meeting. We had a lesson with her and with tears flowing down her face she said "I have seen my life with this church and without it, and Ive never seen such a big difference in my life." Shes on date for the 3rd of November and I couldnt have been happier to see her. I truly was reminded of the prodigal son and how happy the father mustve been.

Another miracle, weve been teaching this single mom with three children all under the age of 6 and are usually running around everywhere. In this particular lesson, Ive never seen her children so still, calm and mesmerized. We felt prompted to invite her to be baptized and her cute two sons jumped up and said "I want to be baptized" and "me too". This mom has taken that as a sign that this church has a strong power in it.

Another is during our Weekly Planning (its when you plan and make goals for all of your investagators for the next week for 3 hours) we were going through PNI (potential investagators) and we couldnt get ahold of anyone or no one was interested. We were quickly bored and quickly dreaded each phone call. I then remembered our vision and promise to God and said a quick prayer. Sure enough the next four people on our list which we havent gotten ahold of for 3 weeks got back to us and are now pretty solid investagators.

God really is a God of miracles. All he wants to do is to help us and see us grow. And when we come to him with goals, he will manifest himself unto us and help us grow more. Have a great week y'all!

Sister Emily Coley

Ether 4:16-19 The purpose of life and how to be happy all wrapped up in 3 short verses.

Photos 1 and 2 Chicago 3. Eating at Molly's Cupcakes 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 23 - Chicago

Nov. 20th to 27th I taught the horse of God Hey y'all  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Our Thankgiving was pretty legit. We ...